|Assoc. Prof. Diana Ilieva Izvorska, Ph.D.|
|Phone: +359 66 827 309, +359 66 827 586, +359 66 827 343|
|Academic Organizer||Snezhina Hristova Meteva|
|Phone: +359 66 827 343|
The Department for Language and Specialized Training was established by virtue of Art. 26.а of the Higher Education Act, Art.7, Par. 1, Sect.1 and Art. 44, Par.2 of the Internal University Regulations of TU-Gabrovo by Decision № 6/01.02.2005 of the Academic Council.
The Department employs 14 highly qualified full-time lecturers in: English, German, Russian and Bulgarian language, history of Bulgaria, Bulgarian literature, didactics, physics, mathematics, physical education and sport, two of whom are associate professors and one is a PhD degree holder.
|Name and academic rank||Room||Phone|
|Assoc. Prof. Diana Ilieva Izvorska, Ph.D.||1320||+359 66 827 309|
|Assoc. Prof. Krasimir Gutev Hristov, Ph.D||2324A||+359 66 827 595|
|Sen. Lect. Nikolay Georgiev Vatkov, Ph.D.||2324||+359 66 827 377|
|Sen. Lect. Irena Pavlova Rashkova||1319||+359 66 827 421|
|Sen. Lect. Mariana Todorova Avdeeva||1322, 6501||+359 66 827 495,
+359 66 827 339
|Sen. Lect. Svilen Nikolov Kolev||1321||
+359 66 827 421,
+359 66 827 329
|Sen. Lect. Silviya Todorova Dragozova||1322||
+359 66 827 339,
+359 66 827 421
|Sen. Lect. Tsvetelina Petrova Petrova||1319||
+359 66 827 421
|Sen. Lect. Nadezhda Vasileva Slavova||1321||
+359 66 827 421,
+359 66 827 329
|Lect. Zlatko Nikolaev Zlatev||2322||+359 66 827 552|
|Lect. Penka Ivanova Ivanova||1338||+359 66 827 324|
|Lect. Nikolay Iliev Nemigenchev||2322||+359 66 827 552|
|Lect. Silviya Hristova Koleva||2323||+359 66 827215|
|Chief Assist. Prof. Miroslav Pantev Pantev||1232||+359 66 827 578|
The Department has the following divisions with corresponding functions and tasks:
І. Division „Foreign Languages”
- Conducts the compulsory training in foreign languages (English, German, Russian) of full-time students in the three faculties of the University.
- Organizes foreign language courses for Ph.D. students and lecturers at the University.
- Conducts examinations in foreign languages for prospective Ph.D. students, as well as examinations as part of the curricula of full-time Ph.D. students.
- Develops international projects under EU programmes – Erasmus, Socrates, Leonardo da Vinci, etc.
- Cooperates with the International Office of TU – Gabrovo.
- Develops consultancy services – translations, establishing foreign language proficiency, individual training.
ІІ. Division „Specialization of Ethnic BulgariansLiving Abroad”
- Organizes the hosting, accommodation and training of our compatriots living abroad according to Order of the Council of Ministers № 103/1993, and the students’ teacher training work placements in schools of Gabrovo and Gabrovo district.
- Conducts specialized training in the following subjects: Bulgarian, Bulgarian literature, history of Bulgaria, pedagogics, etc. in lecture courses and seminar classes.
- Organizes a cultural programme for each course.
- Purchases and provides through donations literature necessary for students, cultural workers and Bulgarian communities abroad.
- Consults graduating students for their graduation theses in Bulgarian studies.
- Maintains contacts with representatives of Bulgarian communities abroad.
- Organizes scientific sessions, conferences and round tables on the problems of ethnic Bulgarians abroad.
ІІІ. Division “Language and Specialized Trainingfor Foreigners Applying for Admission in Bulgarian Higher Education Institutions”:
- Provides training in Bulgarian and specialized training in: physics, mathematics, informatics, economics, etc. for prospective students who are foreign nationals – two semesters (nine months) – preparatory course.
- Provides training in Bulgarian for foreign students – first and second year of study, as well as for foreigners applying for permanent residence in Bulgaria.
- Organizes preparatory courses in Bulgarian language and Bulgarian literature for prospective students.
- Teaches the course „Business Bulgarian Language” to full-time students from the Economic Faculty (optional course).
- Conducts the compulsory examinations in Bulgarian as part of the preparatory course for foreign prospective students.
- Conducts examinations for establishing the Bulgarian language proficiency level of foreign students and citizens who have not attended the preparatory course, but will reside permanently or durably within the territory of Bulgaria.
- Performs consulting activities – editing and proofreading of texts.
ІV. Division “Physical Education and Sport”:
- Conducts the compulsory training in general sports, optional training (by requested by students type of sport) and specialized training.
- Provides sports training and individual improvement (University representative teams).
- Prepares and organizes the University sporting calendar.
- Participates in Sports Club „Academic”.
- Maintains contacts with the sporting community in the country.
The activities of the Department are regulated by the Internal Regulations for the Organization and Activities of the Department adopted by Decision № 9/29.03.2005 of the Academic Council.