Training in this degree course is conducted in 10 specialized laboratories and 2 production workshops in three specializations:
- materials science and technology;
- entrepreneurship and management of industrial technologies;
- analysis and control of materials
The Department of Materials Science and Technologies traditionally maintains contacts with the Technical Universities in Hamburg – Germany, Kiev, Charkov, Dnepropetrovsk – Ukraine, Minsk – Belarus, Krakow – Poland, Moscow and Ekaterininburg – Russia, etc.
Students who graduate in this degree course are qualified to:
- conduct research on development and implementation of new and conventional materials;
- work in the marketing and management of materials design and technology;
- design, develop and manufacture machines and equipment for production and processing and metal and non-metal materials;
- organize and manage manufacturing processes and apply computer methods;
- perform design, technological, research and development, servicing and repair, as well as organizational and management activities in modern production companies.