Innovation and Business Expansion MULTINATIONAL ENGLISH-LANGUAGE MASTER’S PROGRAMME
“INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT – INNOVATION AND BUSINESS EXPANSION”
INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLYING FOR ADMISSION AT THE DOUBLE DEGREE MASTER PROGRAMME “INNOVATION AND BUSINESS EXPANSION” OF THE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF GABROVO
The Technical University of Gabrovo welcomes applications from international students holding diplomas for completed bachelor degree that allows them access to the respective master degree courses at the education institutions in the country where the bachelor degree education has been completed.
Required application documents:
1. Completed Application Form with short biographical data – MS-Word format.
2. Copy of the diploma for completed secondary education and the grades supplement.
3. Document issued by the competent authorities stating the eligibility of the applicant to continue his/her education at the higher education institutions in the country where the secondary education has been completed.
4. Copy of the document / diploma for completed higher education with a degree corresponding to the academic qualification degree of Bachelor.
5. Academic transcript – list of all the disciplines and the grades from the Bachelor degree course.
6. Document certifying the level of English language proficiency. The following examinations are accepted:
• TOEFL internet based (iBT) at least 79 points, not older than 2 years
• IELTS - Academic version (International English Language Testing System) at least Band 6.0
• First Certificate in English (FCE)
If you successfully passed a previous academic degree in English, you do not need to submit a proof of English skills.
7. Medical Certificate issued not earlier than a month before the date of application and attested by the respective authorities in the country from which the applicant comes.
8. Copy of the citizenship documents – for applicants with a double citizenship, one of which is Bulgarian.
9. Four passport-size photographs.
10. Photocopy of the international passport showing the applicant’s full name written in Roman alphabet.
Documents 2, 3, 4 and 5 must be legalized, translated into Bulgarian and attested in accordance with the regulations set in the international agreements of the Republic of Bulgaria with the country where they have been issued (legalized by the Bulgarian Embassy in the country where they have been issued), or, in case there is no such agreement, the documents are attested following the general procedure for document legalization, translation and attestation.
The application documents are submitted to the Technical University of Gabrovo.
The minimum average grade in the subjects, which form the university entrance score for the degree course applied for, shown in the diploma for completed secondary education (document No. 2 from the list of required application documents) cannot be lower than 62 % of the maximum grade according to the assessment system in the country where the secondary education has been completed. The subjects forming the university entrance score are Mathematics and English. Owing to the long procedure of issuing student visas, applicants are advised to submit their application documents not later than end of March for the next academic year.
The application documents can be submitted:
• Personally at the Technical University of Gabrovo, International Students Office, Main Administrative Building (“Rectorate”), room 3209;
• By post (registered mail or courier service) to the following address: International Office, Technical University of Gabrovo, 4 Hadji Dimitar Str., 5300 Gabrovo, Bulgaria;
• By authorized persons from the Technical University of Gabrovo, staying temporarily in the country from which the applicant comes;
• Through the Ministry of Education and Science for applicants coming from restrictive countries.
The Technical University of Gabrovo sends the application documents of the admitted students to the Ministry of Education and Science, following the procedure for issuing long-term (D-type) visas, in accordance with the legislation in the Republic of Bulgaria.
The Ministry of Education and Science issues Admission Certificates only for the prospective students, who have been admitted for study. The Admission Certificate is valid only for the academic year for which it has been issued. The Technical University of Gabrovo sends the Admission Certificate personally to the applicant at the address given in the Application Form. When the candidates receive their Admission Letter and apply for a Bulgarian visa they may be asked by the Bulgarian Embassy to transfer half of their annual tuition fee for their first year of training into the University’s bank account in advance.
Training of the admitted students
The training is carried out according to teaching documentation, consisting of a curriculum and study programs. Its duration depends on the previous education of the applicant. For students with a Bachelor degree in the area of 5.3 – General engineering and 240 ECTS (credits) the duration is 4 semesters (1 in Gabrovo and 3 in Mittweida). All others have to complete preparatory semesters. The complete number of semesters for each student can be determined here.
After the successful completion of a full course of study, the Technical University of Gabrovo issues an internationally recognized type of document – diploma for the degree of Master, and a European Diploma Supplement showing the number of academic hours and credits for each subject studied, as well as the grades.
Tuition fees and enrolment of admitted students
Newly-admitted students arriving at the Technical University of Gabrovo have to complete registration documents in the International Students Office, Main Administrative Building (“Rectorate”), 2nd floor, room 3209, and then pay the tuition fee at the DSK Bank office in the same building, 1st floor, room 3115 A.
The tuition fees at the Technical University of Gabrovo are determined annually by an Act of the Council of Ministers and are paid in BGN, according to the exchange rate determined by the Bulgarian National Bank.
The annual tuition fee for full-time studies in a Master degree course in English language is 3000 EUR, paid in two equal installments at the beginning of each semester;
Students with a double citizenship, one of which is Bulgarian, are entitled to a 50% waiver of the tuition fee.
The University offers accommodation at the students’ hostels to all students who would like to stay there. The rent is between 45 and 50 EUR per month. The cost of living is between 100 and 150 EUR per month.
Deadline for submitting application documents: 31st March;
Deadline for enrolment: 1st November.
For all types of questions, please refer to the International Students Office:
Tel.: +359 66 801511; +359 66 821931, ext. 238
Fax: +359 66 801511