|Head of Department:||
Assoc. Prof. Pencho Angelov Stoychev, Ph.D.
|Rumyana Gancheva Pencheva|
Phone: +359 (0)66 827 359
The Department of Physics and the Department of Chemistry were established as separate independent departments of Gabrovo Higher Technical Institute for Part-Time Studies in 1963. Over the years, lecturers at the Department of Physics were prominent scientists, such as Prof. Razum Andreychin, Prof. Maria Moldovanova, Assoc. Prof. Ivan Petkov - founder and first Head of the Department, Assoc. Prof. Stefan Armenski - Rector of TU-Gabrovo in the period 1991-1994, Assoc. Prof. Lazar Tsifudin, and Assoc. Prof. Stefcho Yordanov. Heads of the Department of Chemistry were Prof. Krastyo Kuleliev, Assoc. Prof. Denka Savova, Assoc. Prof. Valko Todorov, Assoc. Prof. Grigor Boyadzhiyski, and Prof. Evgeniy Kanchev. In 1999 the Department of Chemistry was renamed into Department of Chemistry and Ecology.
In 2011 the two Departments were incorporated into the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Ecology.
|Name and Academic Rank||Room||Phone|
The Department is in charge of teaching students in the Master degree course „Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development”.
This degree course leading to the professional qualification of Engineer-Ecologist has been accredited by the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency within the scientific trend 5.13. "General Engineering".
The academic staff of the Department works in the following research areas:
Research and management of the impact of laser radiation on various substances; creation of laser processing technologies and technological systems;
Development of methods and apparatus for contactless measurement, control and monitoring of technological processes in industry;
Methods of teaching physics;
Environmental protection and sustainable development;
Purification of waters;
- Polymer materials science;
- Wastes treatment and recycling;
- Labor safety and health precautions;
- Catalyst synthesis;
- Monitoring of environmental parameters;
International and National Projects:
- Tempus Project AC_JEP 13506 – 98 Modular Education in Foreign Language Teaching
- Tempus Project СМЕ – 1178- 95
- Tempus Project IMG - 2116 –96
- Tempus Project S_JEP 07183-94 “Polymeric Materials Science”
- Tempus Project IB_JEP 13054–98 “Training Centre for European Industrial and Environmental Standards”.
- Grundtwig 3 Project GRU3
- ERASMUS Thematic Network - Problems of education in Europe - Ghent, Belgium. “European Physics Education Network ” – 2001-2003.
- ERASMUS Thematic Network “TREE Thematic Network Teaching and Research in Engineering in Europe” – 2004-2007;
- ERASMUS Thematic Network „STEPS Stakeholders Tune European Physics Studies“
- Mobility contract № 83167-IC-3-2001-1-BG-ERASMUS-EPS-1,
- Mobility contract № 83167-IC-I-1-2002-BG-ERASMUS
- Mobility contract № 83167-IC-2-2003-1-BG-ERASMUS-EUS
- Training and research in the field of engineering education 13574-LLP-1-ITERASMUS-EAM
- Erasmus Intensive Programme № 2009-ЕRA-IP-2 Laser Equipment and Methods for Laser Marking
- Erasmus Intensive Programme № 2010-ЕRA-IP-4 Laser Equipment and Methods for Laser Marking
- Erasmus Intensive Programme № 2011-ЕRA10-05088 Laser Equipment and Methods for Laser Marking
- Erasmus Intensive Programme № 2009– ERA – IP – 4 Summer School 2010 "Innovative Lasertechnologien"
- Erasmus Intensive Programme № 2010– ERA – IP – 2 Summer School 2011 "Innovative Lasertechnologien"
- Erasmus Intensive Programme № 2011– ERA – IP – 6 Summer School 2012 "Innovative Lasertechnologien"
- „Еразъм” EILC Erasmus Intensive Course in Bulgarian as a Foreign Language
- F1-06-B-F-PP-160733 Cast Products and Mould Designer Skills at the European Context
- BG / 05/A/PL - 166 129 Improving Skills in Creating Web-based Multimedia Applications for Training and Advertising
- BG/06/A/PL - 166146 Upgrading the Competence and Skills of Students in the Field of Radio Journalism
- LLP-Ldv-PLM-07-BG-166226 Improving Professional Skills of Workers in the Field of High Technology
- 2008-1-BG-LEO03-00367 Improving Qualification of Teaching Staff in Engineering Pedagogics
- 2002-BG/02/ B/F/PP-132088 Lifelong Vocational Training in Quality and Environmental Management for Small and Medium Business Staff
- 167126-LLP-1-2009-1-IT-KA1-KA1ECETB Chemistry Is All Around Us
- BG 051 PO 001 – 3.3.04/28 of 28 August 2009 Support for the Scientific Staff Development in the Field of Engineering Research and Innovation
- BG051РО001/07/3.3-01 School Practices - an Opportunity to Acquire New Technologies;
- 518300-LLP-2011-IT-COMENIUS-CNW Life Long Learning Programme Comenius Subprogramme – Multilateral Networks - Chemistry is all around Network.
Scientific and Technical Cooperation:
- National Military University - Veliko Tarnovo
- Plovdiv University „Paisiy Hilendarski”
Cooperation with Companies:
- АМК – Gabrovo;
- PULSELIGHT – Sofia;
- Laser Institute – Mittweida, Germany;
- CERATIZIT – Gabrovo;
- TECHNOLES – Gabrovo;
- KARTAL– Gabrovo;
- TEXTILEMACH – Gabrovo;
- Regional Inspectorate for Environmental Protection – Veliko Tarnovo
- Municipality of Gabrovo
- National Park „Central Balkan”
- Natural Reserve „Bulgarka”