Subject: LABOUR SAFETY
Master degree course
Applicability and purpose of the course
Students who graduate with a Master degree in “ LABOUR SAFETY” have acquired the following skills and knowledge which will enable them to:
- Analyze and estimate industrial hazards and labour conditions ;
- To develop and introduce technical, technological and managerial decisions aiming at prevention and minimizing of industrial hazards and improvement of labour conditions;
- To conduct practical and scientific research in the field of engineering safety including labour hygiene;
- To instruct and train technical staff, workers and others how to be aware of the hazards, estimate risks which result from them and apply measures for their elimination and/or minimization that are envisaged by the general and trade related rules for labour safety.
Successful graduates major with a Master degree in labour safety.
Students who have successfully completed their Bachelor degree in the subjects taught in the Faculties of Electrical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering and/or majored in Industrial Management are eligible to continue their studies in a Master degree course whose duration is three semesters.
Principal study objectives underlying the Master course in “ Labour Safety” are as follows:
- Bulgarian and European study of law related to labour conditions;
- Acquisition of theoretical and practical knowledge for risk analysis and assessment aiming at ensuring appropriate control in enforcing laws, regulations and rule of procedures related to the provision of harmless and hazard free labour conditions and prevention of break –downs.
- Acquisition of necessary qualification to develop and implement a set of activities and mean which will ensure harmless and hazard-free labour conditions;
- Certified qualification of “labour conditions” managing.
Successful graduates of Master course in Labour Safety will be well able to find their employment opportunities in one of the following positions:
- Labour safety experts in design and development companies ;
- Labour safety inspection agents within the structure of government related services;
- Court and prosecution experts;
- Specialists in labour safety in various establishments ,industries, services and trades.
A Master degree holder in “Labour Safety” is elegible to continue his/her studies in Ph.D course ( postgraduate studies).